2 cups self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
7oz overripe bananas mashed (about 2 large bananas)
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, melted (3.5oz)
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly butter 2 muffin tins. You may also use paper cups if desired.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt, then set aside.
3. Add the sugar, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla – then beat well, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice.
4. Fold in the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Add the nuts and the mashed bananas with a rubber spatula. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins to fill them about ¾ of the way. Remove air bubbles by rapping the tin on the counter.
5. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool before turning the muffins out.